Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2 month shots

Took Junior in yesterday for his 2 month shots...just so happened to be on Hot Mamma's birthday and she sure wasn't happy about that!  Happy Birthday Hot Mamma!  ;-)

Let me tell ya...we were NOT looking forward to Junior getting his shots, even though we know that its definitely in his best interest.  The even better thing is Hot Mamma is back in school to finish up the school year and that leaves Big Daddy (muah) to take the kiddo to get his first shots!  Thanks Hot Mamma!  HA

I have to admit, the doctor was pleased with his growing and was 90 percentile on height and weight and 50 percentile on his head size.  Not bad for a 2 month old!  He was just as happy and smiling and cooing pretty much the whole time he was in there....then walks in the nurse with the THREE different shots...count them again...THREE!  Geeze, I mean they should really come up with some MORE shots to give baby's....

BTW...congrats to the Seal team for finally getting Osama Bin Laden....the world is less one major terrorist...(my way of putting history in the blog)

So, Junior is still all happy until the nurse pins down his legs...he didn't like that and started fussing...then she started in on the shots, and Junior looked up at me (with the face of why are you letting her do this to me daddy) and started screaming!  After a extremely long 20 seconds, she was done with the shots and I picked Junior up and loved on him some and he almost stopped crying instantly....2 minutes later as we were walking out he was asleep in my arms...HA.  I gotta admit, I'm proud of my little man for taking them shots like a man!  ;-)

I can see where parents get defensive of their kids when things aren't going the kids way.  I knew the shots are a necessity, but when he looked up at me with that face, the first thing that came to mind was...ok, I can smack this nurse...but reality came back to me quickly.  Ultimately, I love that kid, and he's already made me proud...at 2 months old...maybe I can learn from my own kid and take things like a man!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get a reading on the projected speed of his fastball?

    ReplyDelete